Wednesday, December 3, 2008

US Chess League predictions

Ah, the USCL finals are upon us once again. Last year, your Boston Blitz were defeated by the Dallas Destiny, in what was surely the most exciting USCL match ever -- or would have been, had the match not lasted until 2:00 am. This year, the two teams have marched inexorably towards a rematch, and the commissioner has wisely moved the starting time to 3:00 on Saturday, December 6th. My prediction: another drawn match, but this time Boston will prevail on tiebreaks. In Esserman (and his 3000 ICC blitz rating) we trust.

Update: I just remembered that Boston hasn't had a drawn match all year. I'm downgrading myself from a Kreskin to a Criswell.

3 comments:

Mark LaRocca said...

Inexorably?... You guys had me pretty worried... Let's just say it is a rematch made in heaven.

Anonymous said...

Nah Mark. It was in the bag all season. Just as planned. :)

-Matt

Ilya said...

Esserman said to me" if it gets to the blitz, I swear I'll f..... knock em all out". Hopefully we'll knock em out knock without the blitz...